- 1-2/3 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1-2/3 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 24 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-inch size)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Brush a 13x9-in. baking pan with some of the butter. Unroll phyllo dough; trim to fit into pan.
- Layer six sheets of phyllo in prepared pan, brushing each with butter. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out. Sprinkle with a third of the nut mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining phyllo sheets, brushing each with butter.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 1-1/2-in. diamond shapes. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine water, honey, sugar and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over warm baklava. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cover and let stand for several hours or overnight.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over baklava; let stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Baklava in Taste of Home October/November 2012 , p47
Reviews for Chocolate-Drizzled Baklava
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review