I've been married 37 years and have four grandchildren, and this is our all-time favorite dessert. Its chocolate flavor is subtle but delicious. The last time I made it, my brother said, "This has got to be the best dessert there is!" See if you agree!
Recommended: Top 10 Cherry Desserts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 chocolate bar, grated
- In a bowl, combine the flour and pecans; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Place the cream cheese, sugar and half the whipped topping in a large bowl; beat until smooth. Spread over crust.
- Whisk pudding mixes and milk for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese mixture; chill until firm. Spread with remaining whipped topping, then sprinkle with grated chocolate. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Dream Dessert in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p95
Reviews for Chocolate Dream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review