Chocolate Double Chip Cookies
"My young grandsons love these cookies, and I love to make them," writes Jim Roth of East Peoria, Illinois. "I bake bread and rolls about once a week and also make all of our family's Christmas cookies and candy," he adds.
72 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter;
- stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. In a
- bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until light. Add chocolate
- mixture and mix well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually
- add to the creamed mixture. Stir in vanilla chips (batter will be
- sticky). Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased
- baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes
- before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 100 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.