- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until light. Add chocolate mixture and mix well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in vanilla chips (batter will be sticky). Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Double Chip Cookies
Sort By :
"We used Ghirardelli chocolate chips and these cookies came out Fabulous!! They are our new favorite cookie! Great for chocolate lovers! We tried them substituting M&M's once (to use up some from Christmas) and Peanut Butter chips for those of us who love the chocolate/peanut butter combination. Wonerful!! But the Ghirardelli chips definitely make a difference :)"
"We have retested this recipe and agree that the flour amount was too low. The correct amount is 2-1/4 cups. It will be corrrected here soon. We apologize for the error.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"After adjusting the flour to 2 1/4 cups the recipe was marvelous."
"But... There must be a misprint. F.Y.I. The amount of four is not nearly enough, it takes at least 2 1/4 cups. After making that adjustment, the cookies were marvelous!"
"It's been a couple years since I made these cookies and I wrongely assumed any recipe would do. After I made the first batch I researched similar recipes and found this recipe uses more egg, less flour, less butter, and less sugar than others. I'm totally bummed and will be using the Nestle recipe next time. Thankfully, my in-laws will eat anything so I won't have to throw them away."