"My young grandsons love these cookies, and I love to make them," writes Jim Roth of East Peoria, Illinois. "I bake bread and rolls about once a week and also make all of our family's Christmas cookies and candy," he adds.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until light. Add chocolate mixture and mix well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in vanilla chips (batter will be sticky). Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Double Chip Cookies in Country Woman September/October 2000, p19
Reviews for Chocolate Double Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review