- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until light. Add chocolate mixture and mix well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in vanilla chips (batter will be sticky). Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Double Chip Cookies
"I used red, green, and white striped chips and they turned out very festive-looking! They have excellent flavor and texture. I will definitely make them again."
"We used Ghirardelli chocolate chips and these cookies came out Fabulous!! They are our new favorite cookie! Great for chocolate lovers! We tried them substituting M&M's once (to use up some from Christmas) and Peanut Butter chips for those of us who love the chocolate/peanut butter combination. Wonerful!! But the Ghirardelli chips definitely make a difference :)"
"We have retested this recipe and agree that the flour amount was too low. The correct amount is 2-1/4 cups. It will be corrrected here soon. We apologize for the error.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"After adjusting the flour to 2 1/4 cups the recipe was marvelous."
"But... There must be a misprint. F.Y.I. The amount of four is not nearly enough, it takes at least 2 1/4 cups. After making that adjustment, the cookies were marvelous!"