It's so simple to dip the waffle wedges in chocolate and to garnish with sprinkles that kids of all ages can help you assemble them.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 4 frozen round waffles, crisply toasted
- Colored sprinkles
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Cut
- each waffle into 4 wedges. Dip point of each into chocolate,
- covering about 1/2 in. on one side; allow excess to drip off. Place
- on waxed paper-lined baking sheet and garnish with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until set. Yield: 16 pieces.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 137 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.