- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 4-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, melted
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, then molasses, crystallized ginger and gingerroot. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and seasonings; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round or 3-in. gingerbread man cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip each cookie halfway into melted dark chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Drizzle with melted white chocolate; let stand until set. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Triple-Ginger Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Triple-Ginger Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review