- Bake 40-45 minutes or until set and dry. Turn off oven (do not open
- oven door); leave meringues in oven 1-1/2 hours. Remove from oven;
- cool completely on baking sheets.
- Remove meringues from paper. Dip bottoms in melted chocolate; allow
- excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set, about
- 45 minutes. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 33 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.