Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 9 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 12 medium fresh strawberries
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Hull strawberries if necessary; puree in a food processor. Remove and set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Transfer to the food processor; add the cream cheese, cottage cheese and sugar substitute. Cover and process until smooth.
- 3. Add strawberry puree; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.
- 4. For garnish, wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. Cut tops off berries. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip each berry tip until half of the berry is coated, allowing excess to drip off. Place with tips pointing up on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 5. Carefully run a knife around edge of springform pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Garnish cheesecake with chocolate-dipped strawberries and remaining whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 246 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Cheesecake
"Can you use 3/4 of real sugar with this recipe????"
"Question: How many strawberries do I put in the food processer? All 12, than have extra strawberries for garnish? Thank you! It looks beautiful, can't wait to try it :)"
"I made this strawberry cheesecake and it was for a friends birthday. he said he did not want to cut it couse they would eat it. I told him I would make him an other one. he said OK. I THINK IT WOULD BE A 10 STAR."
"This cheesecake is light and fluffy absolutely delicious"
"This was excellent, I and the family loved it."
"Loved this recipe."
"iwant arecape for cholatecheespie"
"Tip:(dipping strawberry) take off the green leafy part before dipping to the chocolate!!!:) :) :) :)p.s. i have not made yet :(:) :) :) :)"
"I've already made this recipe 3 times in 3 weeks and everyone is so impressed and loveing it."
"I loved how it was a very light cheesecake and was very easy to make! My whole family enjoyed it and didn't even last a whole day in my house. I would for sure make this again!"
"This recipe looks amazing. Planning on bringing to labor day party this year."
"I was actually dissappointed with this cake. I didn't think it had enough cheesecake flavor to it. I enjoy fluffy cheesecakes, but this one just didn't hit the mark for me."
"I love this recipe I thing it should be on every station exept nick,disney channel and cartoon network"
"This was fabulous! I made this for my fiance's birthday since he LOVES cheesecake. Since I have been watching my caloric intake it was perfect! While the texture is not like that of a "normal" cheesecake, it is more mousse-like, it still tastes fabulous!My parents requested that I make this for Thanksgiving, substituting the strawberry for pumpkin and the chocolate crust for regular Graham Crackers. Can't wait to try it!"
"I made this for my brothers birthday which is on the 13th of February. He told me I out did myself on this one. With the left over chocolate I made swirls over the top and gave it a decorative look. It was delicious. I am counting calories and I was able to fit this into my daily limit."