Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries Recipe
A bumper crop of berries turned into a real treat when I dipped them in chocolate! I like to make these before dinner and put them in the fridge, so they're ready when we're finished eating.—Valerie Gee, Depew, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 1 pint large strawberries
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate
- 4 drops food coloring, optional
- 1. Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate and 1 tablespoon shortening at 50% power; stir until smooth. Dip each strawberry and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze strawberries for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, microwave white chocolate and remaining shortening at 30% power until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring if desired. Drizzle over strawberries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 9 strawberries.
1 serving (1 each) equals 57 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC