A bumper crop of berries turned into a real treat when I dipped them in chocolate! I like to make these before dinner and put them in the fridge, so they're ready when we're finished eating.—Valerie Gee, Depew, New York
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pint large strawberries
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate
- 4 drops food coloring, optional
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely
- dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate and 1
- tablespoon shortening at 50% power; stir until smooth. Dip each
- strawberry and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze
- strawberries for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave white chocolate and remaining shortening at 30%
- power until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring if
- desired. Drizzle over strawberries. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: about 9 strawberries.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 57 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.