- 1 pint large strawberries
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate
- 4 drops food coloring, optional
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate and 1 tablespoon shortening at 50% power; stir until smooth. Dip each strawberry and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze strawberries for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave white chocolate and remaining shortening at 30% power until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring if desired. Drizzle over strawberries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 9 strawberries.
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
"This was life saver! Bought the chocolate that was supposed to be made for strawberries and it would not melt right. Found this recipe and it was perfect. Chocolate melted to perfection and was so easy. Made these for a special candlelight dinner for my husband and he loved them!"
"This is a very easy recipe, very messy but worth it. Mone turned out just as good as those sold in gourmet chocolate shops for a fraction of the cost. I will make these every Valentines Day to give as gifts. I swirled mine with white chocolate"