Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries Recipe
- 1 pint large strawberries
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate
- 4 drops food coloring, optional
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate and 1 tablespoon shortening at 50% power; stir until smooth. Dip each strawberry and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze strawberries for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave white chocolate and remaining shortening at 30% power until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring if desired. Drizzle over strawberries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 9 strawberries.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries in Country Woman May/June 2004, p24
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2010
"This is a very easy recipe, very messy but worth it. Mone turned out just as good as those sold in gourmet chocolate shops for a fraction of the cost. I will make these every Valentines Day to give as gifts. I swirled mine with white chocolate"