Chocolate-Dipped Spumoni Cookies Recipe
I combined my favorite cookie and ice cream into one dessert. With so many delicious flavors going on, it's hard to eat just one. — Erica Ingram, Lakewood, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups finely chopped pistachios, divided
- 1-1/3 cups finely chopped dried cherries, divided
- 1-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in 1 cup each pistachios and cherries.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; sprinkle with remaining pistachios and cherries. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 cookie equals 105 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC