Chocolate-Dipped Spritz Recipe
Some of my sisters and I get together for a weekend during the holidays to do nothing but bake cookies. These cookies always make an appearance in the goody baskets that we give as gifts. —Nancy Ross, Alvordton, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 11 ounces dark, white or milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Crushed peppermint candies
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; dip each cookie halfway. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Place on waxed paper until set. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 136 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC