- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 11 ounces dark, white or milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Crushed peppermint candies
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; dip each cookie halfway. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Place on waxed paper until set. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Spritz
"I made these yesterday. I am doing A LOT of baking right now & these were easy to make & bake. By the end of the day yesterday it was nice to sit down and dip these cookies in chocolate & peppermint. I dipped candy canes in the left over melted chocolate and dipped them in sprinkles! I know these will be a BIG hit!"
"I make them, fill with seedless raspberry jam and then dip in chocolate and sprinkles. They are always in demand."
"My seventh grader made these cookies for a church cookie walk. He had a great time baking, dipping, and decorating them and felt a great sense of pride. We were late getting them there and the cookie walk was not well attended due to bad weather, but at church the next morning we found out that all 12 dozen had sold! We will make these again and again. We dipped half of the cookies in chocolate, half in white and sprinkled with pecans or assorted sprinkles. They were really beautiful and delicious."