Some of my sisters and I get together for a weekend during the holidays to do nothing but bake cookies. These cookies always make an appearance in the goody baskets that we give as gifts. —Nancy Ross, Alvordton, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 11 ounces dark, white or milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Crushed peppermint candies
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; dip each cookie halfway. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Place on waxed paper until set. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Spritz in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p62
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Spritz
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review