Chocolate-Dipped Pretzel Rods Recipe
- 3 cups chopped toasted almonds
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) pretzel rods
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) dark chocolate chips
- Assorted sprinkles, optional
- 1. Place almonds in a shallow dish. In a large glass measuring cup, microwave caramels and water on high until caramels are melted, stirring every minute.
- 2. Dip three-fourths of each pretzel into caramel, allowing excess to drip off. (Reheat caramel in microwave if mixture becomes too thick for dipping.) Roll in almonds. Place on waxed paper until set.
- 3. In a microwave, melt white baking chips; stir until smooth. Dip half of the caramel-coated pretzels in white baking chips, allowing excess to drip off. Add sprinkles if desired; return to waxed paper to set. Repeat with chocolate chips and remaining pretzels.
- 4. Store in airtight containers or wrap in cellophane gift bags and tie with ribbon. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Pretzel Rods
"Use parchment paper instead of waxed. You won't be sorry!"
"i didnt like how the carmel stuck to the wax paper so i thin next time ill try something eles instead of wax paper."
"make your own caramel its easy.1 cup (8 ounces) heavy cream2 cups (16 ounces) brown sugar1/4 c (2.75 oz) corn syrup4 Tbsp (1/2 stick, 2 oz) unsalted butter1 tsp vanilla.Mix all together in a 2 qt saucepan and heat, stirring constantly, to the soft ball stage (230-234 °F) Makes 2 cups."
"i use a double boiler. they always melt pretty good for me."
"for some reason i cant get caramel to melt. Is there a a certain kind that melts the best."