Chocolate-Dipped Pretzel Rods Recipe
Kids of all ages enjoy receiving these fun-to-eat treats for Christmas. Once the pretzels are wrapped with plastic wrap and ribbons, you can tuck them into stockings, tie them onto gifts or slip them inside a glass jar. — Kay Waters, Benld, Illinois
- 3 cups chopped toasted almonds
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) pretzel rods
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) dark chocolate chips
- Assorted sprinkles, optional
- 1. Place almonds in a shallow dish. In a large glass measuring cup, microwave caramels and water on high until caramels are melted, stirring every minute.
- 2. Dip three-fourths of each pretzel into caramel, allowing excess to drip off. (Reheat caramel in microwave if mixture becomes too thick for dipping.) Roll in almonds. Place on waxed paper until set.
- 3. In a microwave, melt white baking chips; stir until smooth. Dip half of the caramel-coated pretzels in white baking chips, allowing excess to drip off. Add sprinkles if desired; return to waxed paper to set. Repeat with chocolate chips and remaining pretzels.
- 4. Store in airtight containers or wrap in cellophane gift bags and tie with ribbon. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC