Chocolate-Dipped Phyllo Sticks Recipe
- 4 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-inch size)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1/2 ounce white baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. Cover with a second sheet of phyllo; brush with butter. (Keep remaining phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- Cut phyllo in half lengthwise. Cut each half into five 4-1/2x2-3/4-in. rectangles. Tightly roll each rectangle from one long side, forming a 4-1/2-in.-long stick. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Coat sticks with cooking spray; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon-sugar.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough, butter and cinnamon-sugar.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of phyllo sticks in chocolate; allow extra to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Drizzle with white chocolate. Yield: 20 sticks.
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Phyllo Sticks
Sort By :
My family is thoroughly enjoying these. I used the phyllo sheets remaining after making a different recipe. It is easy to adjust the amounts of butter and cinnamon sugar for more or fewer phyllo sheets. I did not dip any in melted chocolate, although I may try it for a Christmas treat.
I will add this recipe to my list of Christmas recipes.
I made these for my church after-service coffee hour - everyone LOVED them!
I made 12 dozen of these for a Christmas Cookie Exchange. They were very good!! Easy just time consuming. I did change it up a bit after a few dozen. Instead of sprinkling the sugar/cinnamon on top after rolled, I put it on the second sheet then rolled them. They had a much better flavor!!!!