- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- 3 jars (7 ounces each) marshmallow creme
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 2-1/4 cups corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds dark or milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with foil, letting ends extend over sides by 1 in.; grease foil with 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle peanuts evenly into pan.
- Place marshmallow creme in a large heatproof bowl. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Using a pastry brush dipped in water, wash down the sides of the pan to eliminate sugar crystals. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 280° (soft-crack stage), about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool 2 minutes. Pour over marshmallow creme (do not scrape saucepan). Stir in cubed butter, vanilla and salt. Immediately pour over peanuts in pan, spreading evenly. Let stand at least 3 hours or until set.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Gently peel off foil. With a greased knife, cut candy into 1-in. squares.
- Dip candy into melted candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate until set. Store between layers of waxed paper in airtight containers. Yield: about 4-1/2 pounds (about 150 pieces).
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Nougat in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p84
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Nougat
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review