- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup ground salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into coating; allow excess to drip of. Dip into peanuts. Place on waxed paper to set. Yield: about 8-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Logs
Sort By :
"Good cookies. They were a little time consuming with having to roll them into an oblong cookie and them dipping and time is really important when making Christmas cookies. I probably will make them as drop cookies next time. One great thing is that the one batch makes a HUGE amount of cookies."