- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and orange peel. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Immediately sprinkle with almonds. Place on waxed paper until set. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Orange Cookies
Sort By :
"I really enjoyed these cookies. They tasted good and were elegant looking on Christmas cookie trays!!"
"This was a new addition to our Christmas cookies this year. It is wonderul, not too sweet, stays moist and a refreshing change of flavor. I used pecan chips for ease and they tasted fabulous."
"These cookies are fabulous. Add nothing more, nothing less...people love them!"
"I've only made this once and the chocolate came out more like frosting than a glaze so I just spread it on one half instead of dipping. I'm making another batch tomorrow for a cookie exchange--we'll see if that is any different. (Obviously, I liked them enough to make again.)"
"I made these today. I think I would add a littler orange extract to them the next time I make them because they could use a little more orange flavor. Also, I might try toasting the almonds that I sprikle on."