Chocolate-Dipped Macaroons Recipe
These macaroons have got a great homemade feel to them. The chocolate and coconut combination make them a very rich treat that everyone seems to love. --Joylyn Trickel
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 4 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 12 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 275°.
- 2. Add vanilla to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gradually fold in coconut and almonds, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- 3. Drop mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets, 2 in. apart. Bake until firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Dip bottoms of cookies in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 each: 59 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Macaroons
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC