Chocolate-Dipped Lavender Pine Nut Brittle Recipe
Take a trip to the south of France with is uniquely flavored brittle. It makes a lovely addition to any candy spread.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 4-1/2 cups pine nuts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1. Grease two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pans with melted butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook without stirring over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 230° (thread stage). Carefully add pine nuts; cook and stir constantly until mixture reaches 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in the softened butter, baking soda, vanilla, lavender and salt. Immediately pour into prepared pans. Spread to 1/4-in. thickness. Cool before breaking into pieces.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Dip each candy piece halfway into the melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper and let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 pounds.
2 ounces: 390 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Lavender Pine Nut Brittle
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC