Chocolate-Dipped Hazelnut Macaroons Recipe
These pretty cookies are perfect for the special holiday season and not that difficult to make!—Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Kansas
- 2/3 cup whole hazelnuts, toasted and skins removed
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste, crumbled
- 2 egg whites
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place hazelnuts and 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor; process until nuts are finely ground. Add almond paste, egg whites and remaining sugar; process until blended, about 3 minutes.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a large star pastry tip. Fill bag with hazelnut mixture. Pipe 1-1/4-in. rosettes 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until light brown. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip bottom of each cookie in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Hazelnut Macaroons in Country Woman
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Hazelnut Macaroons(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Hazelnut Recipes >