Chocolate-Dipped Fruit Recipe
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spear fruit with toothpicks; dip into chocolate. Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper or stick toothpicks into a block of Styrofoam to set. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 113 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Fruit
"Turkish apricots and select dried fruit dipped in dark, milk and white chocolate, make a great holiday gift with so little effort.A great alternative to cookies for the season."