- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spear fruit with toothpicks; dip into chocolate. Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper or stick toothpicks into a block of Styrofoam to set. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Fruit in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p12
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Fruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2009
Turkish apricots and select dried fruit dipped in dark, milk and white chocolate, make a great holiday gift with so little effort.
A great alternative to cookies for the season.