- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spear fruit with toothpicks; dip into chocolate. Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper or stick toothpicks into a block of Styrofoam to set. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Fruit in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p12
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Fruit
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2009
"Turkish apricots and select dried fruit dipped in dark, milk and white chocolate, make a great holiday gift with so little effort.A great alternative to cookies for the season."