These pretty pink cookies always turn out so tender. They are the hit of my holiday! —Barbara Nowakowski, North Tonawanda, New York
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1-1/4 cups chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Using paper towels, pat chopped cranberries dry; stir into dough.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets; cover and freeze until firm. Transfer cookie dough balls to a large resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen cookie dough: Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate mixture; sprinkle chocolate with walnuts if desired. Place on waxed paper until set. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Cranberry Cookies in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p57
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Cranberry Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review