This tender, flavorful cookie from our Test Kitchen is made even better by being dipped in chocolate. The contrasting drizzle is a fancy finishing touch.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces white candy coating disks, melted
- 12 ounces dark chocolate candy coating disks, melted
- 2 ounces milk chocolate candy coating disks, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Divide dough in half. Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Dip half of the cookies in white coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining cookies in dark chocolate coating.
- Place milk chocolate coating in a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in one corner of the bag. Pipe designs on cookies. Let stand for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p73
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review