- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces white candy coating disks, melted
- 12 ounces dark chocolate candy coating disks, melted
- 2 ounces milk chocolate candy coating disks, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Divide dough in half. Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Dip half of the cookies in white coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining cookies in dark chocolate coating.
- Place milk chocolate coating in a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in one corner of the bag. Pipe designs on cookies. Let stand for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Cookies
Sort By :
"These are indeed delicious, but whoever thinks you can make a single batch of these in 35 min (that's removing the excessive refrigeration time of 3 whopping hours) is fooling him/herself. It took probably about a half hour to make the dough (maybe a little longer), and then at least another 30-45 min to dip all of them in the candy afterward. All in all, anyone considering making these should be aware that, with cooling, baking, refrigeration, dipping, drying -- these will take at least a solid afternoon."
"I do a lot of baking but my son is very picky. He tried a cookie and said "Mom, these are the best cookies you've ever made!" wow, that meant a lot coming from him. Left out the almonds for the kids and my daughter had to do the chocolate designs on the top (i don't have patience for stuff like that)."