Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Snowballs Recipe
If you like the taste of coconut and chocolate, you can't help but love these fancy and festive-looking cookies.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in German sweet chocolate, coconut and pecans.
- 2. Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip tops of cookies into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; sprinkle with toasted coconut. Chill 1 hour or until firm. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 133 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Snowballs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC