- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in German sweet chocolate, coconut and pecans.
- Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip tops of cookies into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; sprinkle with toasted coconut. Chill 1 hour or until firm. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Snowballs
Sort By :
"These cookies turned out really good and tasty. They weren't as hard to make as they look and the bits of pecan and German chocolate in the cookie is really good. My kids really liked helping dip the cookies in the chocolate and sprinkling the coconut on at the end."