Chocolate Dipped Brownies Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Chopped pecans, jimmies and/or nonpareils, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the sugar, butter and water to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. Place in the freezer for 30-40 minutes or until firm (do not freeze completely). Cut into bars.
- 4. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Using a small fork, dip brownies to completely coat; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with pecans, jimmies and/or nonpareils if desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Dipped Brownies
"Delicious! What a great idea. Next time, I will cut the brownies into 1x1 squares since they are so rich."
"Now why didn't I think of dipping them in sprinkles - grandkids loved this idea and the brownie was awesome too"
"Very easy and a big hit!!!! Thank you for sharing, will definately make these again"
"Looks delicious and that's good enough for me!"
"These brownies are a bit rich, but can be easily be cut into bite sized portions. They did take a little bit longer to prepare than expected. Next time I wouldn't make these on the same day I was cooking a big family dinner. As far as the appearance is concerned, the first several covered nicely. As the chocolate ran low in the bowl, the others didn't have as smooth of a coating. Next time I would melt some additional chocolate chips for better coverage. Otherwise, my kids loved these brownies and I will be baking them again soon!"
"Too sweet for me, really good overall."
"This is a delicious and rich recipe. I made it for my family and and some friends and they all raved about it. The only downside was how long it took-30 minutes to make, 30 minutes to bake, 40 minutes to freeze, and about 10 minutes to dip. I'll only make them for holidays, but I'll still be making them."
"These are the best brownies I've made so far. I couldn't dip the brownies because I ran out of chocolate chips, but the brownie itself was delicious. Will be making again."
"The brownies were excellent but I had a hard getting the chocolate to flow nicely and not break the brownies."
"These are dangerous! I can only make them for special occasions where I know there will be lots of people around to eat them. Otherwise I'd eat the whole pan by myself!"
"Perfect for parties..."
"I made these tonight for my family and a few neighborhood kids. They are such a huge hit, i already have requests to make more!! I posted it on my blogspot, i hope you don't mind.. http://redsroost.blogspot.com/2010/06/chocolate-topped-almond-brownies.html"
"EVERYONE AT HOME & WORK LOVED THESE BROWNIES. THEY ARE VERY EASY TO MAKE. DELICIOUS!"
"Yummy! I love these brownies!"