Chocolate Dipped Brownies Recipe
My family calls these bars "the world's chocolatiest brownies" and is more than happy to gobble up a batch whenever I make them. They're a deliciously merry part of our Christmas cookie collection. -Jackie Archer, Clinton, Iowa
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Chopped pecans, jimmies and/or nonpareils, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the sugar, butter and water to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. Place in the freezer for 30-40 minutes or until firm (do not freeze completely). Cut into bars.
- 4. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Using a small fork, dip brownies to completely coat; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with pecans, jimmies and/or nonpareils if desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC