Chocolate-Dipped Beverage Spoons Recipe
These make a cute gift when wrapped individually in cellophane, tied with colorful ribbon and displayed in a Christmas mug. To set the chocolate quickly, chill dipped spoons in the freezer. —Marcy Boswell, Menifee, California
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- 24 metal or plastic spoons
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips, divided
- Coarse sugar or chocolate sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip half of the spoons into chocolate, tapping spoon handles on the edge of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 5 minutes or until set. Repeat with 3/4 cup vanilla chips and the remaining spoons.
- 2. Melt the remaining milk chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Pipe or drizzle over vanilla-dipped spoons. Decorate with coarse sugar if desired. Repeat with remaining vanilla chips and chocolate-dipped spoons. Chill for 5 minutes or until set.
- 3. Use as a stirring spoon for coffee or cocoa. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 76 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (8g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Beverage Spoons
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2010
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC