- 2 pounds medium apples
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Assorted sprinkles or small candies
- Preheat oven to 225°. Core apples and cut crosswise into 1/8-in. slices. In a shallow bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Dip apple slices in sugar mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Arrange in a single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 1-1/2 hours. Turn; bake 50-60 minutes longer or until apples are dry and slightly shriveled. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip apple slices in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on parchment or waxed paper; decorate with sprinkles as desired. Let stand until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Apple Rings in Country Woman December/January 2014, p24
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Apple Rings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2013
I made this with purchased cinnamon apple chips because I was short on time. They were excellent, both as an appetizer and wrapped in mini baskets to give as holiday gifts.