Chocolate-Dipped Apple Rings Recipe
- 2 pounds medium apples
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Assorted sprinkles or small candies
- 1. Preheat oven to 225°. Core apples and cut crosswise into 1/8-in. slices. In a shallow bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Dip apple slices in sugar mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Arrange in a single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 2. Bake 1-1/2 hours. Turn; bake 50-60 minutes longer or until apples are dry and slightly shriveled. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip apple slices in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on parchment or waxed paper; decorate with sprinkles as desired. Let stand until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 dipped apple ring: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Apple Rings
"what a neat idea! i am always looking to add something to a gift basketi really like the recipe. when i made it, it was done in minutes"
"I made this with purchased cinnamon apple chips because I was short on time. They were excellent, both as an appetizer and wrapped in mini baskets to give as holiday gifts."