Chocolate-Dipped Apple Rings Recipe
These apple treats are a staple in my Christmas goody packages. Sometimes I add an 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne to the cinnamon mixture for a little extra kick. —Laurie Bock, Lynden, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 2 hours 20 min. + standing YIELD:72 servings
- 2 pounds medium apples
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Assorted sprinkles or small candies
- 1. Preheat oven to 225°. Core apples and cut crosswise into 1/8-in. slices. In a shallow bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Dip apple slices in sugar mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Arrange in a single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 2. Bake 1-1/2 hours. Turn; bake 50-60 minutes longer or until apples are dry and slightly shriveled. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip apple slices in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on parchment or waxed paper; decorate with sprinkles as desired. Let stand until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 6 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC