Chocolate-Dipped Anise Biscotti Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons anise extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons aniseed
- 10 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and aniseed.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12x2-in. rectangle. Bake 25-30 minutes or until firm to the touch and the edges are golden brown.
- 3. Cool on pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Return to baking sheets cut side down.
- 4. Bake 6-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Dip each cookie halfway into melted candy coating, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie: 145 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Anise Biscotti
"LOVED it, will make it again soon - this time with semisweet or dark chocolate."
"Oh, no, you would have to post this recipe!! I L♥VE BISCOTTI, Anise and chocolate!!"
"Delicious. I didn't have Anise seed on hand so I substituted and used 5 t. anise extract. Worked perfect. The chocolate isn't needed, that is a personal preference. Will definitely make again."