- For buttercream, combine sugar and water in a small heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cook over medium-high heat until sugar is
- dissolved. Remove from the heat. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture
- into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Cook for 2
- minutes or until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°, stirring
- constantly. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Gradually
- beat in cooked sugar mixture. Beat in cocoa until smooth. If
- necessary, refrigerate until buttercream reaches spreading
- Spread buttercream over bottom of each cooled cookie. Refrigerate
- until firm, about 15 minutes. Dip bottom of each cookie in melted
- chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let
- stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 80 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.