Chocolate Dessert Waffles Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients. Add to sugar mixture; mix well. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions; remove carefully. Do not overbake. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce if desired. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 waffle (calculated without ice cream and caramel sauce): 591 calories, 31g fat (4g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 428mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Dessert Waffles
"Absolutly love this wonderful for kids suprise supper loaded with fruit on top, and i can freeze any left, quick breakfast on the run"
"the batter was too thick. There is no liguid except the eggs and the batter would not spread well on the waffle maker. I would not make this recipe again as written but I will try tweaking it with some milk as regular waffle recipes take. They did taste good."