Chocolate Dessert Waffles
Warm from the iron, these fun-to-eat waffles can be dressed up in their 'sundae' best, says Nanette Ehrsam, Wichita Falls, Texas.
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, optional
- In a bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine dry
- ingredients. Add to sugar mixture; mix well. Bake in a preheated
- waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions; remove
- carefully. Do not overbake. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and
- caramel sauce if desired. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 waffle (calculated without ice cream and caramel sauce) equals 591 calories, 31 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 428 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.