Warm from the iron, these fun-to-eat waffles can be dressed up in their 'sundae' best, says Nanette Ehrsam, Wichita Falls, Texas.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, optional
- In a bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients. Add to sugar mixture; mix well. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions; remove carefully. Do not overbake. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce if desired. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Dessert Waffles in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p67
Reviews for Chocolate Dessert Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review