Chocolate Dessert Fondue Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Strawberries, banana chunks, apple slices or angel food cake cubes
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water and corn syrup to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cocoa, cream and half of the syrup mixture until smooth; return to the pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in chopped chocolate until melted. Serve warm with fruit or cake for dipping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons fondue (calculated without fruit or cake cubes) equals 138 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Dessert Fondue
"This is a great recipe very easy too. Makes a LOT of choc. We put some walnuts and a tablespoon of spiced rum. Turned out GREAT!"
"could 1/2 and 1/2 dairy creamer be used instead of heavy whipping cream?"