- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Strawberries, banana chunks, apple slices or angel food cake cubes
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water and corn syrup to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa, cream and half of the syrup mixture until smooth; return to the pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in chopped chocolate until melted. Serve warm with fruit or cake for dipping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Chocolate Fondue in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p61
Reviews for Chocolate Dessert Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2010
This is a great recipe very easy too. Makes a LOT of choc. We put some walnuts and a tablespoon of spiced rum. Turned out GREAT!
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2008
could 1/2 and 1/2 dairy creamer be used instead of heavy whipping cream?