Chocolate Dessert Cups
Says Ellen Govertsen of Wheaton, Illinois, "This elegant party dessert is tailor-made for Christmas. Making the chocolate cups is a bit time-consuming - but they look so pretty, they're worth the effort."
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 8 scoops peppermint ice cream
- Miniature candy canes
- In a microwave or saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and shortening.
- brush evenly on the inside of eight paper or foil muffin cup liners.
- Chill until hardened, about 25 minutes. Remove liners. Fill
- chocolate cups with ice cream. Garnish with candy canes. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 254 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.