- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 8 scoops peppermint ice cream
- Miniature candy canes
- In a microwave or saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and shortening. brush evenly on the inside of eight paper or foil muffin cup liners. Chill until hardened, about 25 minutes. Remove liners. Fill chocolate cups with ice cream. Garnish with candy canes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Dessert Cups
Sort By :
I used paper liners and could not get them peeled off the chocolate without breaking the cups. The chocolate also softened as I tried to get the paper off. I will try again sometime using foil liners and leaving a little space to start peeing off the liner. May use less shortening as well. I'm patient and meticulous, but these just didn't work. But they would have been really nice, so I will try a different strategy.
These cups make a beautiful presentation. I found that if I brush the liners to within 1/2 inch from the top, it is easier to peel the paper off.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Ice Cream Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Chocolate Recipes >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >