Chocolate Delight Dessert
My three children loved this dessert so much that they begged me to get the recipe. It’s so easy to make and tastes so good. And making it ahead of time frees your hands and your time for other to-do’s! —Ruth Dyck, Forest, ON
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 cup crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/2 quarts cookies and cream ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- In a small bowl, combine saltine and graham cracker crumbs; stir in
- butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes 2 minutes.
- Fold in ice cream. Spread over crust. Top with whipped topping;
- sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Freeze, covered, until firm.
- Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 439 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.