- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Assorted Christmas sprinkles and candies
- In a small bowl, combine the boiling water, cocoa and coffee. Stir
- until cocoa is dissolved; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- cocoa mixture and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and
- baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for
- 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out
- clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks
- to cool completely.
- Combine hot water and salt; stir until dissolved. Cool. In a large
- bowl, beat the marshmallow creme, shortening and vanilla until light
- and fluffy. Gradually add the confectioners sugar and salt mixture.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a
- very small tip. Fill with marshmallow filling. Push the tip through
- the top to fill each cupcake.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until
- fluffy. Add confectioners sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes.
- Decorate with sprinkles and candies as desired. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 frosted cupcake (calculated without decorations) equals 328 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now