If you love chocolate, you're going to love these scrumptious cupcakes. Chocolate curls are a showy way to top these gorgeous gems.—Marlene Martin, Country Harbour Mines, Nova Scotia
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Chocolate frosting and multi-colored sprinkles
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with water and buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 16 cupcakes.
Originally published as Chocolate Cupcakes in Country Woman January/February 2000, p58
Reviews for Chocolate Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review