Chocolate Cupcake Cones Recipe
I experimented with these cupcakes when my girls were young. Now, I'm a grandmother of nine, and these are still our favorites. They're a great treat for kids to bring to school.—Betty Anderson, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 36 ice-cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 tablespoons milk
- 1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth; stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Place ice-cream cones in muffin cups. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of cake batter into each cone; top with a rounded teaspoon of cream cheese mixture. Fill with remaining batter to within 3/4 in. of top.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat the shortening, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost tops of cooled cones and top with sprinkles. Yield: about 3 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC