Chocolate Crunch Pie Recipe
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside; remove foil. Reduce heat to 350°.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk eggs and sugar until blended. Add butter and chocolate chips; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Stir in the pecans, coconut and vanilla.
- 3. Pour into pie shells. Cover edges of pastry with foil. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until puffed. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 piece: 468 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Crunch Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.