Chocolate Crunch Brownies Recipe
The first time I took these to work, I knew I'd better start making copies of the recipe—they disappeared fast! I've been an avid baker since grade school. These days, my husband and I are parents to two teens, 17 and 14.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:36 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool in pan on a wire rack. Spread marshmallow creme over cooled brownies.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal. Spread over top. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 brownie equals 232 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC