- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool in pan on a wire rack. Spread marshmallow creme over cooled brownies.
- In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal. Spread over top. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Crunch Brownies
"my sister makes these"
"I used a box mix because of a time crunch and they were still wonderful. I do need to remember to cut the bars really small because they are very rich."
"I only used one cup of sugar instead of the two cups required, they turned out perfect!"
"I really liked these brownies. They were better the second day and even better the third. I used a gluten free brownie mix. The crunch was awesome. I loved the rice crispy texture and the flavor was delicious. i plopped the fluff on and stuck it back in the oven to melt it because it was too hard to spread. I think next time I will try to melt the fluff in the microwave and then spread it on. Cut the pieces small it is much more rich and filling than a regular brownie."
"I made this as our dessert for Mother's Day - it was a big hit. Try it, you will not be disappointed."